[thelist] Cross Platform Networks for Designers

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 19 13:05:23 CDT 2000

> From: "Gina K. Anderson" <gina at sitediva.com>
>
> Hmmm, that sounds interesting! I don't have my hands on the NT station
> yet. probably not until later today. I may have to grab you later on
> that one :)

sure... that mac/windows site everyone suggested has some info
on this, as do the NT docs... ultimately i think it's just a matter of
'enabling services for Mac' as a checkbox...

> I thought they could, but when i tossed in my Win98 burnt CD with a
> downloaded mac proggy on it, it just sat there. Course, I don't know
> how to even open the cd drive to see the contents so I can double
> click on the file. <grin>

well, they won't work the same... the win98 CD has no resource
fork associated with a file, just an extension... win98 relies on the
extension to tell the OS what the file is... Mac relies on the
resource.frk... so, make sure you keep track of what files are and
use extensions wherever possible...