[thelist] perl vs php with mysql?

Adrian Fischer info at aussiebidder.com
Thu Sep 21 01:52:55 CDT 2000

Thanks for the info on db interfaces.  I went with phpadmin.  So far so
good.

I was wondering though, whether I should use perl or php with mysql.  I
already have the site set up using perl/cgi.  But I have read that that
combination has a big overhead in server resources and is slow.
Will perl and mysql be as slow or would I be better off going with php.

>From what Ive seen of php I think I like the way it interacts with html and
the sql is embedded into the page but Im just not familiar enough with
either perl or php to make an informed decision.  I do no enough about perl
to get myself into and out of trouble though.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Adrian Fischer