[thelist] Frames, Application.cfm and Login.cfm

Dan Slater DSlater at buxtonco.com
Fri Sep 22 10:41:25 CDT 2000

Hi all,

I'm using a frames page (navigation left, content right) for an intranet
site.  I'm also using Session Management and require users to log-in.

Normally, when a user logs in the Login.cfm page opens in the same browser
window (but without frames).  The problem occurs when a user's session times
out and the application.cfm redirects to Login.cfm.  This opens the
login.cfm in the content frame.  The Login_Action.cfm has a <cflocation> tag
the sends the user to the frames page when the login completes.

This results in a frames page inside a frames page.  I've looked and can't
find any "target=_top" attribute for CFLocation.

I'm trying to find a way to always open login.cfm in a non frame page.  I'm
guessing the way to do this is via JS.  Unfortunately, my attempt is
somewhat lacking:

	<script language="JavaScript">

window.location.href='"http://intranet.buxtonco.com/clientmanagement/Login/L
ogin.cfm" target="_top";'
	</script>

merely appends to the existing URL and i end up with:

http://intranet/clientmanagement/workorders/"http://intranet.buxtonco.com/cl
ientmanagement/Login/Login.cfm"%20target="_top";

Can anyone help me out here?  I'm sure this is beyond easy - and i'm just
making it harder than it needs to be.

Respectfully,

Dan Slater