[thelist] Co-Locating A Server

Jonathan Distler jdistler at hastingsgroup.com
Fri Sep 22 15:16:23 CDT 2000

Hello All,

Any of you out there ever had to go out and purchase a server for your
company and choose a place to co-locate it (in-house option was way too
expensive, unfeasible)? Seems like there are a myriad of choices, and this
guy says he's Tier 1, but another says he's not...some throw their hardware
in as part of the deal, others say you get your own....it's confusing and an
expensive decision. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

We know we won't be going UNIX because we don't have any gurus in house. We
also want to install Cold Fusion Server. We've got Dell PCs and like our
service with them so we'll probably go with their recommended machine.

But it's the colocation that's the hard part...

TIA,
Jonathan

Jonathan Distler
Director of IT/Webmaster