[thelist] LOAD DATA MYSQL

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Sun Sep 24 00:06:27 CDT 2000

Well I give up...Ive got now idea how to do this and the manual is vague (or
my interprative skills are).

I have a table with only one field it and I want to load a lot of data into
that one field.  I am using phpadmin(which has beena godsend) and am using
the following syntax.:
LOAD DATA INFILE 'categories.sql' INTO TABLE all_cats;

it tells me that access is denied which I dont understand because Im already
connected to my db?

If I was to make a txt file with the info in it that I want to insert into
the field how would I go about it.  I can create tables that way but this
has stumped me for the present.

TIA

Adrian Fischer