[thelist] Client wants to put my gfx on his letterhead

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 25 01:32:01 CDT 2000

> From: Ben Henick <persist1_pdx at yahoo.com>
>
> I have a client using Word 2k and Quicken '99 who wants to put the ID I
> designed for him onto his correspondence and invoices.  So:
>
> What format(s) should the output be in, and how (using Adobe Whatever)
> do I ensure that he'll get a hi-res file?  He does all of this on an
> older Postscript-capable inkjet...

create a one-color logo (black), and maybe a multi-color version if appropriate,
in something like Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand... make sure you
save that master file and even export it to EPS or something just in case...

export to .wmf (Windows Meta-File)... this is a vector format supported by MS
Office apps, and is probably your best bet since folks using even old-ass
versions of windows and word processors (non-DOS) can use the files...

you should also make a Word template...

but don't make a raster image... the client will resize it all the time, and dealing
with 600dpi TIFF at the appropriate size will just piss him/her off... so do it right
and make it vector...