[thelist] Printing From the Browser??

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Tue Sep 26 10:23:04 CDT 2000

Hi Doug,

There's an active-X control that can easily do this in IE (4+) you simply
need to print a page, you can simply invoke the control and call it via
JavaScript.  Here's an example that produces a print button on the page,
though as far as I know you can call the control with an on-load or any
other JavaScript event.

<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Print This Page"
onclick="WebBrowser1.ExecWB(6,1)">
<OBJECT ID="WebBrowser1" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0
CLASSID="CLSID:8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2"></OBJECT>

In Netscape 4+ and IE5+ (AFAIK), you can also use the JavaScript
window.print() function.

Hope this helps,

Seth

Seth Bienek