[thelist] Method POST not allowed

Erik Sabowski airyk79 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 12:43:42 CDT 2000

well, i don't know much about java servlets either, but since i am been told
to get a java web server (Tomcat) running where i work, i'm starting to pick
up some stuff...but i'm not 100% sure of any of this, but it might help you
find the right answer.

the action attribute in the form has the url ending with '.class'. AFAIK,
you don't ever write out the .class part of the servlet, at least that's the
case with the one's we use here, and i'm pretty sure that's the way to do
it.

also, we had a similar problem with a servlet here (it was bitching about
GET instead of POST) and the problem was the doGet() function in the
servlet. doGet() is what you use to get the header information from the
server request, which i assume includes any information you pass along to it
from a form submission. the servlet here was using the doGet() function
inccorectly, and that's we got a Method Not Allow error. so have them look
at that.

well, that's all the advice i can offer. let me know if it helps at all (or
if i am totally off base!)

#airyk