[thelist] RCS and mac text editor

Ray Shah rayshah at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 1 17:15:48 CDT 2000

Hello all,

I'd like to be able to do the following:

We stage web sites under development on a local Linux machine with apache
etc, connected locally via Netatalk to the mac on which I am
running whatever text editor.

I'd like to be able to make use of RCS (revision control system) from the
text editor.

1.      Which Mac editor is capable of this?
2.      How would I go about using RCS while editing HTML?

When I did a search on google for 'macintosh RCS compatible text editor' it
led me to Alpha (http://alpha.olm.net/). I cannot yet find any documentation
that helps with this feature.

Does anyone have any experience using RCS on Unix via a macintosh text
editor?

Thanks a bunch.

- Ray Shah