[thelist] pc/ mac and mac/ pc transfer?

david braun david.braun at centralnet.ch
Tue Oct 3 11:21:52 CDT 2000

there are in fact some things to be aware of:

- on the mac-side: make sure you include the file's suffix (.psd, for
instance)

- if you get a filet hat does not get recognized, your first try should
be the file exchange-controlpanel, usually this helps

- make sure you giva your documents a win-compatible file-name (same for
the other side, there, take special care to the filename's length...)

- afaik, macromedia-products are having troubles with cross-platform
documents. Dreamweaver for example loses all image-information, it isn't
even able to get an images width out of a windows-ported pic... very
annoying!

- the software "dave" (for the mac) is supposed to handle win-media
(harddisks, printers etc.) very well

- timbuktu is the macs equivalent to pc anywhere (except its cross
platform)