[thelist] Harvester: Plagiarism, or Permission?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Tue Oct 3 16:17:55 CDT 2000

>  The hyperlink is the most powerful item on the web. No
>  other piece of code, image, style or presentation has
>  the same impact, and in my view is the defining source
>  of the web and the reason for its explosive growth. The
>  web unlike any other media gives us the power to do
>  this. source credit at a minimum is the right thing to
>  do.

>  Without credit, the implication is that it is your
>  creation, which in the short term may fly briefly, but
>  will sooner or later trip you up. there currently a
>  number of active discussions taking place on the web on
>  this and the broader issues of copyright, attribution
>  and theft:

I just wanted to clarify my intent:

The point in asking first is to ensure that it's OK with not only the
evolt team and community, but with the individual posters as well.
It's meant as a win/win situation, whereby each evolt tip is an extra
link to the author and to evolt.org.

I'm not looking for personal credit for the content in any way (other
than my own), but rather, I'm trying to offer a tool, that though
similar to the harvester is more focused, and better organized. Evolt
is volunteer (read: unpaid) staffed, and so instead of demanding that
a load of work be done to the evolt site, I figured I would do the
work myself, in such as way that everyone benefits.

Think of it as a neighbour asking if I can have use of part of
community park in exchange for maintaining and promoting in it.

Contents not intended for use in the operation of nuclear facilities,
aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control
systems, life support machines or other equipment in which the failure
of the information could lead to death, personal injury, or severe
physical or environmental damage.

--
Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com