[thelist] Linux/PHP/MySQL advantages over WinNT/ASP/MSSQL?

Ron White ronwhite at lists.evolt.org
Wed Oct 4 15:10:08 CDT 2000

<snip>
> Windows just wasn't designed to run for 'always' and to be a network
computer,
> with the exception of WinNT which is really trying and doing OK, but could
be
> better. Still, Win and other MS products are pretty good

it was designed for just that, and with a good admin, will do just
that... that isn't opinion, that's experience... i've seen NT handle
things it never should have... and i've seen it die for no reason... it
all comes down to admin skills...

</snip>

+10 on this. Our 2K boxes [1 - Web server and 1 - MSSQL] have been running
24/7 for over 9 months without so much as a hiccup [ Prolly just jinxed
meself :-) ]

Ron