[thelist] IE 5.0 Bug?

Jeff jeff at lists.evolt.org
Wed Oct 4 17:28:31 CDT 2000

dan,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Dan Slater <DSlater at buxtonco.com>
:
: However, if the user clicks on his 'back' button
: AFTER completion of an add - The entire upper
: portion is wrong,  the correct data appears for
: each row, but in the wrong columns.  The only
: way to clear it up is with a refresh.
:
: This only happens in IE 5.0 and does not happen
: with IE 5.5.
:
: Has anyone else encountered this?  Or is this bad
: coding on my part?  I've never had a page do this
: before.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

we have apps like this throughout our administrative tools that perform
similar feats and none of these problems are exhibited.  however, we've
taken great care in making sure that our tables are coded correctly.

have you checked and double-checked to make sure that everything is correct
with your table code?

also, is your app moving things around via dhtml, drag-n-drop, etc?

have you viewed the source after hitting the back button and seeing this
behavior to analyze what the source code looks like?

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development