[thelist] Linux/PHP/MySQL advantages over WinNT/ASP/MSSQL?

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Thu Oct 5 08:13:08 CDT 2000

It's nice to see you keep an open mind
Now, as someone who's done too many languages in her life online, I can tell
you that you will *hate* ASP at first. You'll find it crippled and
problematic, and you'll be wondering why you're even bothering.
However, one day, you'll get the hang of it, and it will be fine. Most
probably, you'll never be in love with it.
I started with ASP, and moved on to PHP, JSP, and Perl. While I can do what
I need to do in all languages, ASP is and will always be my first choice. I
do realise it's mainly because it's the one  I learned first. It's similar
to a "first love" concept. ;-)

So the main thing is to keep your mind open, learn as many technologies as
you can, be proficient in them all, and do all your hobbies with your
prefered language...

Good luck! And don't be too hard on ASP.
Nicole