[thelist] apache problem

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Oct 5 14:26:35 CDT 2000

 >NameVirtualHost 64.108.x.xx
 >
 ><VirtualHost 64.108.x.xx>
 >    ServerAdmin root at mydomain.com
 >    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/demo/html
 >    ServerName demo.mydomain.com
 >    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/demo.error_log
 >    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/demo.access_log common
 ></VirtualHost>
 >
 >AddType text/html .shtml .html .htm .inc
 >AddHandler server-parsed .shtml .html .htm .inc

Are SSI's enabled in the default domain? Since you don't specify within
your vhosts that you should use SSI, they default to the value of your
default domain / host. If they're not defined there, they default to off.

For example, on my server, I don't want to offer SSI by default. So, my
default domain has this in it's block:

         Options Indexes

Because I didn't specify SSI, SSI's are turned off by default. However, for
domains that I *do* want to allow SSI's for, I add the following into their
vhost block:

    <Directory /path/to/root/of/vhost>
    Options All
    AllowOverride All
    </Directory>

These are actually pretty wide open priv's - they allow me to override
everything that is in the default domain by using an .htaccess file. If you
ONLY wanted to ensure that they can use SSI's, you'd

         Options Includes

instead of Options All. HTH.

Morbus Iff
.sig on other machine.