[thelist] Vignette StoryServer opinions?

Watkins Matthew matthew at natuzzi.com
Fri Oct 6 09:25:22 CDT 2000

Nick,

I just built my first site using Vignette (www.divaniedivani.it/). It seems
to me to be an excellent for both content and workflow management. But I
guess it also depends on how complex your workflow is. There are also a lot
of good tools for this that come cheaper. One of the prime benefits of
Vignette is that it is a powerful tool for profiling (both anonymous and
registered).

You are right about caching issue, since all of the pages using vignette are
generated dynamically, it makes considerable use of caching to speed things
up. The nav bar on my site is cached for example. This can create problems
for you if you are frequently changing your library elements, but then again
vignette also allows you to establish how long you want them to be cached
for.

I am not aware of any JS issues... it just sort of spits out whatever you
put in it.

cheers

Matthew