[thelist] color blindness

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 6 13:54:38 CDT 2000

> From: martin burns <martin at lists.evolt.org>
>
> >AND still make it bring in more money for the client than they spent?
>
> Yes.
>
> See http://www.easyweb.co.uk/
>
> Even if it has been described as 'the bastard child of Zeldman and
> Jakob'.

wow... i make one off-hand comment about your site, and it comes
back to haunt me...

anyway...

> Seriously, the way to get the vast majority of these right is
> (a) to follow the WAI guidelines
> (b) to have a mostly text site which doesn't depend completely
>      on its presentational layer to make sense.

short of the structural stuff (which is my next planned revision - to
use the h# tags and other appropriate structural markup), both
roselli.org and algonquinstudios.com satisfy all of the above points
(snipped) and do quite well for me... i have a handful of others, as
well, that satisfy those goals and are owned by very happy clients...

and then there are some which don't give a hoot, like mdellas.com
or rheaanna.com

> For both, you'll be using HTML as it should be used - primarily
> structurally - and adding stylesheets for the majority of the
> presentational nicities.

this is exactly what evolt.org 2.0 will be doing, as well...