[thelist] [ot] monkeyjunkies

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Tue Oct 10 19:11:13 CDT 2000

Monkeyjunkies was never particularly easy to find from the front
door; at least not within recent memory.  (I think it launched with a
bit of a splash, and then  fell back into the hideout.)

I think it was once linked as a mailing list from this page:
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/hideout/
...somewhere around where the Lycos Network info is now.

BTW you get to the hideout from the teensy little "about" link at the
bottom of the front page.

I call this "Navigation by Obfuscation."  It is what happens when you
have a corner of your site you really don't want to emphasize, but
you aren't yet ready to kill.

Other Monkeyjunkies link issues:
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/98/50/index1a.html
the word "list" is a link.  But whither?

This page:
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/frontdoor/tour.html
actually has instructions for signing up for monkeyjunkies.

This page:
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/98/30/index1a_page7.html?tw=design
links the word "monkeyjunkies" to the mailing list page, from which
monkeyjunkies is (now) glaringly absent.

*sigh*

I hate going to Webmonkey.  It's like watching a slow-motion car accident.

I think I need a trip to Spain.