[thelist] [OT] Networking W98

Stephen Shelley stephenshelley at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 23:56:51 CDT 2000

Perhaps I missed it, but you'll also need to have the systems on the same
WORKGROUP (you'll see it in the identification tab of the Network
Neighborhood). I'd give the WORKGROUP a name of 'home' or something to
that effect that is the same for both systems.

**Don't be fooled, you don't need a hub for this situation (i've done this
many times)...just so long as you have a crossover cable...pick one up at
CompUSA...i saw one labeled as such just this weekend in their networking
section.**

HTH,
-sas-