[thelist] Need some s/w help

Jeff Lucido jlucido at j2-digital.com
Thu Oct 12 10:43:42 CDT 2000

Aarvark, et. all:

> would be your indentured servant for life! I would even buy you a few
rounds
> of beers if you are in/near Dallas (if not, then I will raise a pint in
your
> honor). Please contact me off-list if you can help in any sort of fashion

> i'd contact you off-list, but first i wanna see what it is you need, cuz
> if others are confused like me, there may be others who can help
> once they understand it...

I understand your reluctance Aardvark. What I am looking for are the update
files from the Acrobat v4.0.5 CD. I have a licensed copy of Acrobat v4.0 and
I am using it sort of. The problems I am experiencing is when using the PDF
Writer it is crashing the program and OS before completing the PDF file
generation. Adobe has an update available for the app., however the update
was large enough to constitute producing a new CD, no downloads available.

I called Adobe and they said they would send me a free update to v4.0.5, but
I cannot wait the estimated two weeks it will take to get the CD from Adobe.
So, I was wondering if a kind person on this list would copy and Zip the
Acrobat v4.0.5 install directory from their CD and send it my way. I am only
asking for the app. install files and not the licensing information. I
already have a license for the program.

I hope this makes a little more sense. Can someone help?

Thanks!
-JSLucido