[thelist] CF: Remove Leading & Trailing White Space?

Rob Keniger rob at bigbang.net.au
Sun Oct 15 23:07:14 CDT 2000

on 2000-10-16 1:29 PM, Frank at framar at interlog.com wrote:

> I can easily write a function for removing leading and trailing white
> space, but somewhere in my mind, I seem to recall seeing a built in
> CF function that does this specifically. A search of the docs failed
> to reveal it to me.
>
> Am I remembering correctly? Is there such a beast?

<CFSETTING ENABLECFOUTPUTONLY="YES">

insert code here - only code within <cfoutput> tags will be displayed and no
white space will occur.

<CFSETTING ENABLECFOUTPUTONLY="NO">

If you have CF 4.5 you can also turn on an automatic whitespace suppression
option in the CF administrator but this will significantly affect your
server's performance under load.

HTH

--

Rob Keniger