[thelist] This ISP has got the idea!!

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Oct 18 19:53:08 CDT 2000

It's a niche market. They're not targeting newbies. I'm sure there are a
number of people out there who don't want to pay for tech support, and don't
use it. I've called my dial-up support maybe once in months and months, and
the problem ended up being that my cat had partially pulled the modem cable
out (only just enough for it to weird-out the modem).

Would I accept a lower monthly cost in exchange for not calling that support
line - yeh, probably.

I use a *very* budget hosting service with very little tech support (there's
an email address. Sometimes they answer; sometimes they don't. ;p) It works
for me. If it doesn't work for you, don't use it.

I don't think they're being "assholes" - they make it exceptionally clear up
front that you're on your own with regards to support issues. I bet they
have a lot of customers who appreciate the lowered costs.

isaac