[thelist] 16-bit IE3 (was IE4 and IE5)

George Dillon george.dillon at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 17:08:53 CDT 2000

> As to  IE3, install a 16bits version and ignore Windows' moanings during
the process.

NO!

Not every 16-bit version of IE3 is safe to do this with.  So BE WARNED!  The
version and the manner of installation make a difference.

QV The Archive:
Re: [thelist] running multiple browsers (21st June 2000)
Re: [thelist] Browser Emulator (6th January 2000)

After a normal installation of 3.03.2925 corrupted my IE5, I searched a
stack of ancient ISP trial disk, found 3.0a.1563 and 'installed' it by
extracting the files from the .cab (NOT running the install program).

HTH

George