[thelist] Tables Not Extending in IE 5.5

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sat Oct 21 21:02:29 CDT 2000

Thanks to everyone that had a look at this page for me
(http://wordpro.on.ca/test.htm).  I've resigned myself to thinking it really
IS a bug in IE 5.5 on PC (check http://ceramic.on.ca and you'll see the
tables extend 100% across all pages just fine).  Anyway, I've spent too much
time trying to figure this out.  Will just redesign the top part of the site
before launching it.  Unless of course someone else does have a suggestion.

Also, I apologize to everyone that had tried to look while my server went
down for a couple of hours Friday afternoon.

Michele

<snip>

> A silly Friday problem.  I've been working on this site for a while, but
> this problem still remains no matter what I do.  The tables will not
extend
> to the full margin in IE 5.5 (pc).  I have no clue why not.  I've posted
> just a test page for you to look at that shows the exact problem.  I'm
sure
> it is something simple/silly, but I just can't see the error, and
validating
> the page comes up clean.
>
> No images, no links active.  Just a plain ol' HTML file.
>
> http://wordpro.on.ca/test.htm

</snip>