[thelist] function calculate()

Mona_Nisoff at bd.com Mona_Nisoff at bd.com
Mon Oct 23 09:46:13 CDT 2000

Instead of getting a grand total in the BdCostTotal form field, I get an
appended answer.  Let's say I put the value
1 in BdCost Advertising field and 2 in the BdCost Labor field.  Instead of
getting 3, I get 12.  I tried adding "eval"
before each (document.Front...) and received a NaN response.

function calculate()
{
document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostTotal.value =
((document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostAdvertising.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostLabor.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostTravel.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostDisposal.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostWarehouse.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostFreight.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostRepackaging.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostPostage.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostPrintedMaterial.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostProduct.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostProfits.value) +
(document.FrontPage_Form2.BdCostSales.value))
}

If I'm asking elementary questions and you know of a list that would better suit
my level, please advise of such list.

Thank you.