[thelist] ODBC not verified in ColdFusion

Rob Keniger rob at bigbang.net.au
Wed Oct 25 20:10:31 CDT 2000

on 10/26/00 5:41 AM, Minh Lee Goon at v7ac at sdsumus.sdstate.edu wrote:

> I've set a data source in Windows to a database on the network and the
> file is recognized fine. In the ColdFusion Administrator, however, the
> data source is listed but not verified. I realize that I'm leaving a lot
> of vital information that would help you diagnose my problem but I don't
> even know what more to tell you. If you've had the same problem, I'd
> appreciate any help you can send my way.

You need to directly attach to the database using the \\server\share syntax,
not using a mapped drive id. You will also need to give the ColdFusion
service network access privileges by having it run as a named user rather
than the system user. You can set this in the services control panel.

--

Rob Keniger

big bang solutions

<mailto:rob at bigbang.net.au>