[thelist] Double and Single Quotes are ruining my life....

Dan Slater DSlater at buxtonco.com
Thu Oct 26 15:59:12 CDT 2000

I have several forms that store data to varchar data types in a SQL Server 7
database.  I'm using <textarea> to give the user a "box" to enter the data
into.

When a user enters data that contains double quotes (example:  I "sort of"
hate double quotes) the data inserts into the SQL table just fine.

However, when it comes time to display that data - the browser get's
confused from the second double quote on...

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?  I've looked in both of Forta's books
and the book by Danesh and can find nary a mention of this problem.

would &quot; be a solution here?  if so...how could/would I use it?