[thelist] AOL6 tip/warning

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Sat Oct 28 13:15:03 CDT 2000

> Didn't AOL5 do something similiar if you told AOL to be your default
> everything for the Internet?

Thank God, I wouldn't know.

> And what's this I hear that in AOL6 you can't change the home page of the
> browser from aol.com?

It pops up a window (like the Channels window) that shows the aol.com
homepage. As one blogger said: "I can't believe they still have customers."
Other than just the self-promoting "features" they build into their product, I
can't believe that people still feel there is a need for AOL. With broadband
access becoming increasingly more available, just about anything you do on AOL
can be done on some website. The only benefit I see from AOL is for total
newbies who don't know where to find each of the AOL-like goodies.

Hmmm... I hope I didn't just start a lengthy thread.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com