[thelist] Session variables vs. the Back button

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Oct 30 14:41:08 CST 2000

At 12:19 PM 10/30/2000, you wrote:
>When I restore form field values from session variables, the use of the
>browser's Back button poses problems.  This is not a "How do I disable
>the Back button" question, but rather, "How do I accommodate it?"  I'm
>using ColdFusion, but the same applies to ASP, etc.

Try making sure the page expires immediately. This will force the browser
to talk to the server for that page instead of the cache. Might not work
100%, but should help.

----
Anthony Baratta
President