[thelist] web-based groupware/project mgmt

Seb Barre sebastien at oven.com
Tue Oct 31 09:59:39 CST 2000

At 03:42 PM 10/31/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>I am trying to figure out the best way to manage a development team who are
>about 2 hours drive away from me. The status quo is a spreadsheet which is
>emailed round everyone (programmers, managers, senior execs) but that is
>messy and rarely accurate or timely.
>
>Anyone have any ideas where to go for an off the shelf (as much as possible)
>solution that ignoramuses will have little trouble using and which enforces
>the assignment tracking and completion of tasks?
>
>No doubt, I am perfectly describing some 100k IBM product....

You might want to look into Bugzilla, which is a web-based open source
bug/task tracking and reporting tool..

You can get details from:

http://www.mozilla.org/bugs/

which is the main Mozilla bug page.  It explains the concepts behind
Bugzilla and at the bottom you can link to the download and install it for
your own project.

Fair warning:  This isn't a one-step install tool, and it may require some
work to get it up and running (it needs a database etc), but you'll be
happy you did once you're using it.

--- -- -
Seb Barre - sebastien at oven.com
OVEN Digital Toronto