[thelist] Style problems was OT: Virus Warning (Joke)

Ben Henick persist1_pdx at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 14:50:47 CST 2000

--- George Dillon <george.dillon at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> > tip.  When coding this page, I discovered that IE5 didn't render
> > my text-align attribute.  I'm pretty sure it's because of the use
> of 'width'.
>
> Or maybe it's because you haven't got one!  I shoved " BODY

Of course not!  It didn't work, so I removed the code.

> {text-align:
> center;} " in your css and it aligned fine (i.e.ugly!)

The code I used was p {...width:...text-align: justify} because in
Netscape, applying styles to the body tends to be unreliable.

> > More tips forthcoming.
>
> !!!

Suit yourself.  After posting a totally gratuitous link I HAD to come
up with SOMETHING, didn't I?  It was gratuitous enough that I felt I
shoulda provided at least one more, but it was one in the morning here
and I couldn't think of a decent one.

Love, peace, and other foolishness,

=====
Ben Henick              |  "In the long run, men hit only
Web Author At-Large     |  what they aim at.  Therefore,
www.io.com/persist1/    |  though they should fail
persist1 at io.com         |  immediately, they had better aim
persist1_pdx at yahoo.com  |  high."  --Henry David Thoreau