[thelist] CDO Mail - Looping inside

Edd Partee edd at vilocity.com
Fri Nov 3 10:30:39 CST 2000

Smart People:

I'm trying to send mail using CDO and ASP. My data is coming from a
database that contains items organized by Order Number. Each order
number can be associated with more than one item number. I want the mail
to come out like so:

strBody = strBody & "Order Number " ... database stuff, line breaks no
loop
strBody = strBody & "Customer Name " & ... no loop
strBody = strBody & "Item Number " & ... I want this one to loop
strBody = strBody & "Item details" & ...  also looping
strBody = strBody & "Order Total" ... no loop

I can get everything in place correctly, except the loop for the
different items. Can I put a loop inside the mail code itself, or do I
need to loop relevant things into a variable and then pull that in to
the mail code? I've tried (in my ASP newbie way) a few things, none of
which worked. Point me in the right direction.

TIA