[thelist] JavaScript: Accessing selectedIndex

Tab Alleman talleman at autobex.com
Fri Nov 3 12:54:29 CST 2000

In the body of my page, I have the following form element:

<select name='DReviewMonth' size='1' onchange=DateModify('DReviewMonth')>

Ok, then in my script, the beginning of DateModify() goes like this:

function DateModify(TheSelect)
	{
	alert(TheSelect + " - " + TheSelect.length + " - " +
TheSelect.selectedIndex);

HOWEVER, when I change the select box, the resulting alert box displays:

	DReviewMonth - 12 - undefined

Why?  Why is it accessing the .length property as advertised, but not the
selectedIndex property?  I don't see anything wrong with my script.. does
anybody?