[thelist] CF: RDS Problems. Solved.

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Nov 3 15:40:30 CST 2000

>Is RDS running on the machine your trying to connect to ?
>
>WINNT - check your services - make sure it's running
>Linux/Solaris - issue a 'ps -aelf | grep -i rds'

Diggin' though the Allaire site I found this. FYI for those who might
have the same issues.

---
CF 4.5 Singleuser - RDS connection fails WIN95/98

Article 14102

The RDS service on the ColdFusion 4.5 Server Single-User version does
not respond properly. This is a problem with the RDS executable
shipped with the RDS service.

When making a CF 4.5 Studio RDS connection to CF 45 Singleuser on
Win95/98 you get the error 'Server has returned an invalid or
unrecognized response' connecting to files or 'The connection to the
server cannot be established' when trying to connect to a Datasource.

Please replace the exising cfrdsservice.exe in the /cfusion/bin
directory with the one you can download from the link listed below.

http://download.allaire.com/cf45/hotfixes/2000-01-05_cfrdsservice.zip
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com