[thelist] PayPal.com

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Nov 3 23:20:02 CST 2000

I too am looking at them for doing small e-commerce projects for a few friends. My
sister's Jazz CD ( shameless plug -> lisamarie.baratta.com ) will be available in
about a month and we are looking to sell the CD (or MP3 singles) via the using
PayPal. I also have a friend that is looking to sell her book (via PDF) on the web.

The biggest problem is that PayPal does not provide any interactivity to your site.
e.g. returning a confirmation number or accepting shopping cart type orders. You must
provide a "fixed" order. I'm working on a texas two-step type process that will allow
us to create an order, help the user through PayPal and then crank the wheel on our
database to generate a download option for the downloadable products they've ordered.

Clunky - but I don't see another way without paying much higher fees.

--
Anthony Baratta
President