[thelist] PayPal.com

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Mon Nov 6 09:37:14 CST 2000

I have used paypal for about 6 months, via my ebay auctions I sell and buy
on.
To the extent, when bidding on an item, I prefer if the seller accepts
paypal.

-ari

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele Foster [mailto:michele at wordpro.on.ca]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 11:40 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] PayPal.com

Hi folks,

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, the services offered by this
company?  I'm seriously thinking about setting up an account with them, now
that their services are available in Canada.  Their transaction fees seem to
be much lower than regular merchant account fees, at 1.9% + 25 cents
transaction.  There is the draw back that the funds will be processed in
U.S. funds, even though my prices will be in Canadian on my site.

Anyway, here's the main page URL at
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_home, and in particular web tools
at http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/web/index-outside.

This could very well be a viable option for small businesses in Canada..
thoughts?

TIA,

Michele

Michele Foster