[thelist] Problems with deleted records in Access

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Tue Nov 7 08:22:39 CST 2000

At 08:17 7/11/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>If the above vaguely resembles what you have ... then YEP ... the record
>deletion in table A will be 'rolled back' -- as if it never happened ...
>because the entire transaction has to succeed or fail as an entire unit.

Nice try, but I don't think that's it, because

1. The problem occurs even if the records are delete by hand using Access
itself

2. After the records are deleted, Any number of queries to the database
show that the records don't exist. It's not until a new record is added,
that they appear back again.

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz