[thelist] mSQL data lose/NULL Records

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Nov 7 12:54:03 CST 2000

Steven Stalzer wrote:

> I know we have mySQL and thought about upgrading, but I'm not sure if all of the
> Perl scripts would have to be rewritten yet. I *THINK* the mysql Perl API is
> very similar, but not sure if its available on our host. Have you found mySQL to
> be more reliable? Our database right now is only about 1.2 MB, and I understand
> that the possibility for corruption in mSQL is high when it gets over 10MB or
> so, which won't be for several months.

For what I do, there was no difference between using mSQL or mySQL. We currently have
one mSQL database left, its not hammered that hard - and I nightly drop the 3/4 of
the tables and rebuild them with new fresh data. Inserts are minimal on the other
1/3.

My largest table is approx 425K rows. I don't have access to the actual db files, so
I don't know how large this is, but the ASCII data file is 14 Mb.

The performance is the biggest issue for us. Its horribly slow even with indexes.

--
Anthony Baratta
President