[thelist] Answer: (was Question) Netscape and positioned divs

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Wed Nov 8 08:04:39 CST 2000

[sender: s t e f || date: 11:04 08/11/2000 +0100]
>The basic structure can be seen here (the old page, all tables):
>http://www.ridingzone.com/Rz/site2/air/
>
>Now what I'm doing is:
>Put the header in one absolute-positioned div. then put all the content in
>a relative-positioned div (otherwise Netscape wouldn't display
>scrollbars), within which I created three absolute-positioned divs.
>http://www.ridingzone.com/Rz/site2/air/_optim_apres.cfm

I solved the problem, people!

The solution was simple, in fact: the tables inside the middleDiv were a
wee bit larger than the div itself. As often in NN, it didn't know how to
handle it so it went crazy. Now the display's right.

It's the trouble of re-taking a site after an external company has done the
job.

s t e f