[thelist] migrating from MS Access to SQL Server 7

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Nov 8 23:24:19 CST 2000

Nick Koleszar wrote:

> how about this?
>
> I need to migrate my MS Access database to SQL Server 7. All my SQL is in
> CFM pages. There is only  about 6 tables, no queries, nothing else.

Like someone said here this earlier week. Use the MS SQL Data Transformation Wizard
to import the table structures from Access into MS SQL. Massage the structures so
that they are typed correctly (Access -> MS SQL converts some of the data types to
pretty screwy things.) Then import the data.

--
Anthony Baratta
President