[thelist] When life and coding are incompatible...?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Thu Nov 9 09:52:45 CST 2000

I muscle through the best I can. Get a pair of headphones, don't answer the
phone (even if its her) and get your time in, and get out for the day.
Change your music. Self-impose a surfing ban (and evolt if you have to)
until you get yer shit done. These 9 hours are for working, the rest of the
day is for the other stuff.

Its tough, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do

I also told my boss what was going on, which helps soften the deadline
sometimes (and even gets the To-Do list spread around to others in some
cases)

sgd (in the middle of breaking up with his g/f of 3 1/2 yrs and dad's in the
hospital this week)
--
work: http://www.ti3.com/
non: http://thinksafely.org/