[thelist] Checking sites in AOL?

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Thu Nov 9 10:32:17 CST 2000

You can install the AOL browser without signing up, and then use File | Open
to browse to a file on your hard drive.  Like Aardvark says, though, you're
not getting the full AOL nightmare...er, experience.  Image compression,
proxy caching and other AOL network issues probably won't be simulated.

You can get an AOL account for $5/month (for 5 or 10 hours a month, I forget
which).  That's not bad, and probably enough time to get your tesing done.
If you're forced to be on dial up (as I am), it's also nice to have a back
up connection when your regular ISP is acting flaky.