[thelist] AOL

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Thu Nov 9 11:56:41 CST 2000

agreed to all of this, but short of rumaging through the trash, I have
no way of getting hold of the older versions of the software if I do
need to test.

> - you really can't use it without signing up to AOL, so it seems
> kinda pointless...

We have an office account we use just for testing. As should we all IMO.

> - personally, i don't even want to endorse AOL, but that's not a
> factor here...

> - we already know the rendering engines for each version, so it
> might be easier to grab the appropriate IE anyway...

So maybe the aol section doesn't provide downloads, but just crosslinks
to those IE versions? Whatever works

> - you can't truly get the AOL experience without using their
> proxies... so the browser is only part of it... you need to test the IP
> re-allocations, the image compressions, etc...

But you still have to get the browser from somewhere to begin this
process.

anyhow, I still think it would be useful.
It's ultimately up to you...

sam