[thelist] Scheme

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Thu Nov 9 18:55:45 CST 2000

> Sorry if this is of topic, but I was talking to someone the other day
about
> Web languages/technologys, and they started talking about Scheme, what the
> hell is that!!!

Scheme is just another old programming language.  I had a class a couple of
years ago where we had to do projects in different languages and Scheme was
one of them.  My advice to you is to forget you ever heard of it.  Its a
nightmare to code in, unless modern programing languages bore you.

> Does anyone here know, something to do with Lisp??? (Still another term I
am
> not sure about!!)

I think Scheme is a variant of Lisp or the other way around.  Either way,
its a bigger pain than Scheme.  You will go into convulsions due to the
shere number of parenths() required to code in that
language......(if(this)then(this var (foo (bar)))) ick!!!

jeremy

<tip type="hubris">
hubris = excessive pride

something every developer should have in their work.  if you can't take
pride in your code, then why bother?
</tip>