[thelist] Is this spam or not?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Nov 10 04:45:01 CST 2000

George Dillon wrote:

> I received some Spam today which I consider Spam, but which bore the
> following footnote:
>
> "Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by 105th U. S. Congress this mail can
> not be considered Spam as long as we include contact information
> and a remove link for removal from our mailing list. To be removed from our
> mailing list reply with remove in the subject heading. "

US Civics 101:

You can not be in compliance with a Bill. Bills are not laws, they are proposed laws,
and if they are not signed by the end of the legislature session they expire and need
to be re-introduced. This bill died in committee many years ago and is currently used
as cover for this type of crap.

I fact I think only the House of Representatives passed this Bill or it may only have
been introduced. Therefore it could have not been passed by any Congress because both
houses did not approve it.

Did I say this was a load of crap??
--
Anthony Baratta