[thelist] hard won vector art tip...

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Fri Nov 10 17:54:13 CST 2000

I spent at least 3 hours on this and share it up so that you won't have to
waste time with the same thing...

<tip type="exporting from Illustrator to .swf">
This is probably platform dependant, but I'm using Windows 2000 with
1600x1200 screen res.
When exporting from Illustrator 9 to .swf, the default ppi is 72. This seems
good, considering all of the years of '72 dpi for the web' we've all
endured. Problem is, that's not always true screen res. Mine is 96dpi. This
makes things not line up quite right after the export. Specifically, I had
all of this type within a path. It looked great in Illustrator, but when
exported to Flash, the type overran its boundaries and ran all over itself.
Solution: export at true screen res, 96dpi.
</tip>

have a good weekend,
John Corry