[thelist] Web site search

J. Joseph gilat at molcho.org.il
Tue Nov 14 05:39:49 CST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zoe Oughton" <zoe.oughton at btconnect.com>

> Do people find it better to install software for a search facility,
eg
> Inktomi, or to use a remote search service that doesn't require any
software
> install, eg atomz.
> We are a non profit organisation and the web site will be an
information
> source, not ecommerce.

I use Atomz for a non-commercial site (a research center):
http://www.molcho.org.il

Not only is it free and easy to set up, they also have an extremely
responsive and helpful "help" team. Although Atomz had never been
touted as supporting Hebrew, help from their staff enabled me, a
programming-non-whiz, to easily implement dual language searches. You
can also configure personal preferences, including automatic updates,
blocking specific files/folders, etc.

Highly recommended!

Good luck.

Janis