[thelist] Netscape 6 Ques already.

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 14 11:37:53 CST 2000

> From: "Adam Slesinger" <bread_man at hotmail.com>
>
>   Perhaps somebody knows what's up with this:  I have a webserver that is
> hosting my site called thebadlans.net.  This webserver will also be hosting
> other sites.  The sites are created under subdirs and then the domains of
> those sites are pointed to that.  For example, another site of mine,
> breadweb.net is pointed to thebadlans.net/hosted/breadweb/  Netscape 6 is
> mean and displays the full path instead of just leaving it at breadweb.net.

if it were an IIS box (it isn't), i'd ask if you were using host headers
to handle the different domain names... so my question would be,
how is the ISP handling other domain names?  dedicated IP
addresses?  HTTP headers?  what?

> What did I pay $35 for a domain name for if Netscape is going to do this?

i hope that's rhetorical, since there are only about 5 people using
N6 right now...

> Any ideas on how this can be avoided?  I can't be the sole person upset with
> this...  Only happens in Netscape 6. Blah.  Netscape used to be my hero.

your hero?