[thelist] Re: NN6 - Can Some Clarify This Bug Alert?

Patricia Meeks pmeeks at email.msn.com
Wed Nov 15 18:03:20 CST 2000

I just checked the richinstyle bug alert for NN6 and saw this bug alert
(below) -- is it saying we can't use a transitional DTD at all, and that NN6
users will get a trashed view accessing a site with this doctype? If this is
what the bug says, what should we be writing for instead of 4.01 (what's the
workaround)?
------
Bug 2: triggers hundreds of page destroying bugs
If you specify the transitional DTD (using <!DOCTYPE ...), or you don't
specify a DTD at all, Mozilla triggers 'compatibility' mode. This brings
with it countless page-destroying bugs in an effort to be compatible with
Netscape 4.
------
http://www.richinstyle.com/bugs/mozilla.html

Patricia Meeks