[thelist] Animation colours shifting

Carleen Tracy carleen.tracy at b3interactive.com
Thu Nov 16 07:51:29 CST 2000

Hi Anne,
the color changes are happening becasue gif builder is optimizing your
graphics when you save. There are settings in GifBuilder which will allow
you to leave a greater number of colors in the final file. The trade off is
that the file size of the final gif will be considerably larger. Having done
billions of animated banners, I know it's a hard balancing act trying to get
the file optimized as small as possible but still reatain the color balance.
Another issue might be that the file you're using as the original is already
optimized and you are optimizing it further. Any chance you can get your
hands on the original art?
Try messing with the settings in GifBuilder to allow max color retention in
the final file. This will help tremendously. I haven't used GifBuilder in
awhile so I can't tell you where this is.
Hope this helps some.
Carleen